Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Zoomifying Day

After ordering a coffee and using the ATM, I arrived at meditation with 5 minutes to spare. Very unusual.

There were 3 extra people in the room including one with a medical condition that caused him to make unusual and unexpected sounds (not Tourette’s), so it was a good test for us to be able to filter that out and still meditate well.

It was a great class. It always is.

No catch up afterwards because The Gypsy had another appointment with her car doctor.

I sat by the river for 20 minutes before riding home and about an hour after that I had a zoom meeting with The Gypsy.

It was a good catch up that lasted three hours - so not a productive day in the house.

I forgot to plan dinner, so I decided to do a creamy, cheesy penne pasta which had bacon, mushrooms, onion, zucchini, baby spinach, green capsicum, 3 cheeses, lemon zest, pine nuts and chives. I served it with garlic focaccia bread and a garden salad.

It was very nice.

I had apple strudel with custard for dinner … because I can 😝

In bed by 7.30am.

Ready for sleep now.





Nite all.

No comments: