Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 8, 2026

Looking Grim

Morning tea with some of the art girls this morning - only three of us - because unforeseen circumstances prevented some attendances.

It was a venting morning with all sorts of nasty happenings around town causing problems for my friends.

Our quiet little fishing village is not so quiet anymore and all the originals are angry and feeling unsafe.

We hope it’s just a passing phase but we fear it’s the beginning of much worse to come.

Anyway, after two hours of venting, I said my goodbyes, hopped on my trike and rode to the shops for some junk food - GF cookies and Reece’s Pieces - and headed home to enjoy some solitude. 

BGWLBH was in the Bay and Adoring Husband was at golf.

Unfortunately I only had 40 minutes of solitude.

I watched Jet Lag the game and spent a couple of hours dozing on my bed.

Dinner was oven baked barramundi, chips and salad.

I got a call from Number One son, which I missed (third call in a row that I’ve missed!) so I was able to call back straight away and we chatted for about 45 minutes. He’s doing well. This is a photo of his and his friend’s puppies …

Cutie pitooties!

I’m off to the Bay again tomorrow, so it’s time to sleep for me.



Nite all.


No comments: