Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

On The Mend

More sunshine and resting today.

I am feeling much better this evening.

I made a tomato and vegetable soup today.

Ingredients (which I made up):

  • 8 tomatoes
  • 1 onion
  • 1/3 red capsicum
  • 1/2 zucchini
  • 2 celery stalks
  • 1 carrot
  • 1 potato
  • 1/2 orange
  • 6 strawberries
  • 1/4 cup cranberries
  • 2 inches fresh turmeric grated
  • 1 inch ginger grated
  • 2 chillies
  • 2 teaspoons mineral salt
  • A generous shake of black pepper
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar 
  • 1/2 cup lentils
  • 2 cups home chicken broth
  • 4 cups filtered water
Put it all in a large pot on the stove. Simmer for 20-25 minutes stirring occasionally. Allow to cool. Use tongs to remove tomato skins then, in batches, blend in the blender. It will be thick and creamy. Toast some sour dough bread, break apart and toss into the soup.

Adoring Husband had some for lunch, requested it for dinner and then went back for more a couple of hours later!

BGWLBH also enjoyed a large bowl for dinner.

I had a big bowl for lunch and there is one container of it now in the freezer.

We’ve all had a very healthful eating day.

I’m considering heading into the bay tomorrow - I’ll see how I feel in the morning. I may need another day of rest yet.

I watched the most recent version of “Don’t tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead” and quite enjoyed it.

Now it’s almost 11pm so I’d best get some sleep. I slept a solid 7 hours last night and I hope to do the same tonight.






Nite all.

No comments: