Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 17, 2026

Overdoing It

I felt so good this morning, especially after 7 hours of sleep and 20 minutes in the direct sunlight, I decided to go for a ride on my trike.

Fresh air, sunshine, movement/activity … it has to have a positive effect on my healing body.

I rode along the river path enjoying the view. High tide, blue skies, holiday makers fishing, dog walkers, sea birds in flight and feeding.

One of my boys from the old days under the ‘tree of knowledge’ was inspecting the original boat ramp as I rode by, so I stopped for a chat.

I felt the need for caffeine so I rode to my fave coffee place and put in my order. There I ran into a lady whose husband also has Parkinson’s disease - we chatted for a while but she had to be somewhere so we decided to meet up at the Bowls Club in 90 mins.

So I killed some time drinking my coffee while watching the river, then pedalled along the river path again and rode to the club. I arrived a little early so I checked my old keno ticket and discovered that I won $70! I replayed my numbers and played the pokies until my friend arrived.

We found a table for an early lunch. My meal of choice was garlic prawns and I had a couple of tonic waters with lemon. We chatted easily and she is doing it pretty tough at the moment so there was lots to talk about.

It was around 1pm when we parted company and on my ride home along the new path I heard a car horn beeping loudly about 6 times. As I looked up, I saw BGWLBH’s blue car drive past! She was on her way home from work. We waved.

By the time I arrived home, I was feeling quite tired and felt that I may have overdone it.

I reheated red curry chicken for Adoring Husband who had spent the day at golf, and made up a quick honey soy chicken for BGWLBH serving both with boiled rice.

By the time I sat down after dinner, I knew I was relapsing.

I lost count of how many times I sneezed and how many tissues I went through while my nose dripped like a leaky tap. My head felt fuzzy and my body felt weak and I gave myself an inner lecture for overdoing it on my first good day after being unwell.

It might take a few more days to properly recover now.

Ugh 😩 

It’s now after 10.30pm so it’s time to sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: