Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 18, 2026

Improving Again

A friend posted this to Facebook and I love it …

Pooh: “Eeyore, do you think there comes a day when we finally forget someone who meant everything to us?”

Eeyore: “I don’t think so, Pooh. Not when they’ve left so many pieces of themselves behind.”

Pooh: “Pieces?”

Eeyore: “Memories. Little sayings. Familiar places. Songs that suddenly make you think of them. Even ordinary days can bring them back for a moment.”

Pooh looked quietly toward the little heart above them.

Pooh: “So perhaps remembering isn’t something we have to try to do.”

Eeyore: “No. Sometimes it happens when you least expect it.”

Pooh: “And sometimes it hurts.”

Eeyore: “Very much.”

Pooh: “But would you rather have no memories at all?”

Eeyore thought for a long moment.

Eeyore: “Never. I would rather miss someone for the rest of my days than forget how wonderful it was to have them in my life.”

Pooh smiled gently.

Pooh: “Then maybe the people who give us the most to remember are never completely gone.”

Eeyore: “Where do they stay?”

Pooh placed a paw over his heart.

Pooh: “Here. In all the stories we still tell, all the love we still feel, and all the little ways they changed us.”

Eeyore: “So forgetting isn’t the way we move forward?”

Pooh: “No, Eeyore. Sometimes we move forward by carrying the beautiful things with us.”


Today was a quiet, healing restful day.

I got up at 9am, took Harley out to play, soaked up 20 minutes of direct sunshine for Vit D and decided to go for a ride. Although it was a little windy and cooler than I expected, the sun was shining and the day was calling to me.

I needed some avocado and I wanted a coffee so I rode to the shops, did my shopping and got my coffee before finding a seat under a tree to sit and enjoy my coffee and the view for about 20 minutes. From there, I rode straight home.


Remembering that I had some leftover boiled rice from the previous night, I decided to make a quick fried rice - bacon, chicken, prawns, spring onions, chopped mushroom, diced zucchini, chopped egg, mineral salt. There was enough for my late lunch today and for tomorrows ‘fend for yourself’ dinner.

I watched TV with Adoring Husband for a couple of hours then took my container of home made frozen (mango, pineapple, papaya, kiwi fruit) ice cream to bed at 4.30pm. I don’t have to cook on Friday night.

I was attempting to do some art in bed, but someone wasn’t agreeable to that …

It’s already after 10.30pm so I’m off to sleep now.




Nite all.

No comments: