Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 19, 2026

Bit Scratchy

The residual part of my illness includes an annoying scratchy cough that is not always there, but when it is, it lingers for ten or fifteen minutes. So annoying.

I struggled big time to fall asleep last night and it was 3.40am when I last looked at the clock. Then I woke briefly at 7.10am to pee and fell back to sleep until 8.30am.

I enjoyed a nice hot shower and Harley got to play at 9.30am. I soaked up 20 minutes of sunshine and Vit D before making myself presentable and taking myself for a ride.

Surprisingly, I felt quite energised!

I attribute that to tropical smoothies, lots of filtered water, Vit B12, Elderberry syrup, CDS drops, kombucha shots, soursop tea, raw honey, grounding and sunshine.

On my ride today, I purchased some junk food, some healthy food and 3 coffees to bring home for my team. The watermelon was surprisingly juicy and sweet.

I sat to enjoy the usual water views for a little while before returning home.



Adoring Husband was watching some weird stuff on TV so I decided to climb onto my bed with some art.

It’s slow going but I’m enjoying the process.

For ‘fend for yourself’ dinner, I reheated my leftover fried rice, cooked some chicken schnitzel and had coleslaw and fresh tomato from the garden. Quite delicious.

We watched the Brisbane Lions win their AFL semi final and they will play Fremantle in the grand final.

We watched the Sharkies get annihilated in their NRL preliminary final and they are now out of the running - much to AH’s despair.

I am sitting in bed watching the golf while I continue with my art. Surprisingly, it’s 10pm and I’m not the slightest bit tired! I wonder if I’ll hit a wall soon.




Nite all.

No comments: