Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Picking Fruit

I tried to make it to meditation class on time. I was sitting down at approximately the 5th word uttered from The Gypsy’s mouth. I walked into the hall before she started talking. Technically, I didn’t quite make it, but I was close.

My reason for being so marginally late, was because I was road blocked by the biggest kangaroo buck I have ever seen in my life! I stopped my trike some distance from him and waited for ‘something’ to either distract him or cause him to move on.

Thankfully, two cars came around the bend and he bounded into the bushes. I blame that giant roo!!!

Nonetheless, it was a great class.

Afterwards, I had 2 hours by the river with The Gypsy and it was a beautiful day again.

The tide was low, there were heaps of pelicans gliding in and landing gracefully upon the water, a few people on trikes riding in the sunshine and not too many tradies taking up all the seats in the park.

I had to be home before midday because I had booked a mulberry picking date!

On the weekend, JJJ had invited me for mulberry picking, but then disappeared from messenger so when I suggested a time, she never responded … until this morning … so we agreed on noon.

Adoring Husband drove me out there and between 4 of us, we picked 3/4 of a large Chinese container worth of ripe berries. There were much less than JJJ thought, so she felt a little disappointed for me. I was very happy with what I got, but she also gave me a dozen fresh eggs to appease her conscience.

I came home and made myself a large bowl of mulberries, banana, passionfruit, meringue and fresh whipped cream …


Delicious!

I was lucky enough to turn on the tennis and catch the last set of the Sverev match at the US Open.

Because the tennis finished earlier than planned, they aired an amazing program on ancient castles, fortresses, military strongholds, royal residences etc.

Oh the opulence, the grandeur, the enormity, the architecture, the design and my amazement at the skills of the old master builders and how some of these structures took 100 years to build!

Absolutely stunning.

I decided on GF pies with vegetables for dinner, so I chucked the pies in the oven and took Harley out for his afternoon play before making mashed potatoes, steamed snow peas, beans and carrots.

No current plans for tomorrow, so I’m considering journaling and perhaps finishing the patchwork jeans, going for a ride and enjoying a coffee by the river. All good options.







Nite all.

No comments: