Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 7, 2026

Partly Productive

I was awake early this morning - 5am - so I turned on the tennis.

While I watched the tennis, I started a list of everything I want to clean/do in the house - because it’s Spring.

I wrote down rooms in the house and then listed every small chore separately. That’s a LOT of chores! I thought it would seem less intimidating if I did it that way, and I could just tick off the chores as I did them.

Thing was, I felt overwhelmed before I’d even finished the list!

I need to convince myself that the world will not end if I don’t complete ALL the chores. It will be an achievement if I even get half of it done.

Just start. See what happens.

I got out of bed at 9am and played with Harley.

I emptied the slow cooker of broth, batched it and loaded it into the freezer.

I took my washing off the line, folded it and put it away.

I made myself some creamy, cheesy, prawn and mushroom crepes for brunch. They were delicious!

I sat down to watch more tennis but the ‘free to air’ signal got lost so Adoring Husband found something else to watch. That was my cue to go to my room and wait for the signal to return so that I could continue watching the tennis.

After the tennis, I watched a Netflix movie “What a Girl Wants” - an oldie but a goodie.

I made chicken and vegetable pastries with a garden salad for dinner.

I made myself a smoothie with strawberries, blueberries, banana, pumpkin seeds, Brazil nuts, a pinch of sea salt and a generous scoop of coconut dairy free ice cream. I used lactose free milk. That was my dinner and it was deliciously filling!

I did not do one single thing on my Spring cleaning list.

Tomorrow is meditation day and catch up with The Gypsy, followed by some fresh mulberry picking! 

Time to sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: