Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Eventful!

Knowing that I had hoop dancing class this afternoon, I rode to the shop this morning.

Most of the girls were late for coffee this morning and the most we had at any stage was eight talking, laughing and snorting ladies.

I got to enjoy the first hour, but then I got busy in the shop and I missed out on the second hour. It certainly sounded like they were enjoying themselves anyway and it was after 11am when they all left the building.

It was incredibly busy until 1pm and I’m pleased to say sales were good!

In the afternoon I had a visit from a lady whose husband has Parkinson’s and she just needed to vent. She comes to see me about once a month to get stuff off her chest and she’s a lovely lady and doesn’t expect me to fix anything - I’m really just a sounding board, which I don’t mind.

I also had a visit from ‘Beauty’ who apparently had forgotten about coffee this morning! She’s been away for a few weeks AND she has her very elderly mother in law staying with her at the moment, so her mind was obviously elsewhere.

Adoring Husband came to help me close the shop and I rode to hoop class.

It was a lot of fun and we laughed hysterically through a good part of the hour. I’ve got most of the tricks mastered and I can’t wait to receive my own hoop so that I can practice at home! We definitely worked up a sweat and I had to rest twice because I pushed myself harder than usual. I love it.

I pedalled home and I knew that if I sat down, I’d never get back up so I headed straight into the kitchen to make dinner. I still had rice leftover from Sunday, so I threw together a quick fried rice and we sat down to dinner at 5.30pm.

I’ve been sitting on my butt ever since.

I’m exhausted!

Now I’m off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: