Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 9, 2019

Short and Sharp

I spent the morning in the training room finishing the setup for Saturday’s art workshop.

Not a soul came through the doors until after 11.30am and the first six people who walked in, walked out empty handed.

By 12.30pm I had sales totalling $24 and was feeling quite dejected. It has been such a good week and I didn’t want to finish it on such a low.

At 12.32pm there was a sudden influx of spendthrifts!

For 90 minutes I was hammered! By the time I got to sit down, I was exhausted!

The change of fortune helped me end the day on a high and I definitely needed to attend the club tonight for some down time to zone out. I was lucky enough to have a small win on the pokies.

I still have a couple of things to do in preparation for the workshop so I need to arrive at work a little earlier in the morning, but I’m excited about leading the class. Four of our usual ladies cannot attend so there will be some fresh faces and they are very keen to try this method of painting for the first time.


Adoring Husband is coming to the rescue to man the shop for me and it’s market day in town so there may be a few more customers than usual! He can handle it 👍

It’s 9pm and I’m off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: