Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Manifesting Again!

It was a special meditation morning where The Gypsy announced that she was ending her time as a massage therapist at The Happy Abode at the end of this month.

The initial reaction was horror because everyone thought she was leaving meditation as well! But once they realised that she would still be running the med class every Wednesday, there was a collective sigh of relief, and everyone was excited for her next venture.

It was a much more interactive session than usual and a few of the ladies went for coffee together afterwards.

The Gypsy and I got to chat until her first appointment and from that time on, it was very busy in the shop.

I had set my predicted sales total in the morning and by 3pm I was $17 short of that total.

AH and I locked the doors and as we began to walk away, a car with two ladies sitting inside pulled up to the door. With distressed looks on their faces they asked “Are you closed for the day?”

I asked “Are you desperate?”

One of the ladies would be returning home tomorrow and hadn’t got to see the shop while she was here so I invited them in.

Thirty minutes and more than a hundred dollars later, they left the shop and we again locked the doors. My predicted total was smashed! Wahoo!

I was feeling absolutely exhausted by the time I got home, but I had to cook up some dog food before I could sit down.

It was difficult not falling asleep but we had to attend the monthly trivia night at the club so there was not enough time for napping. It was worth attending because we came third, which is the best we’ve done for a while. Not the we received any prize for our effort, but it was a good night with The Brains Trust and The Garden Guru. We make a good team 🤗

Now it’s 11pm and you know where I’m going next.

Nite all.

No comments: