Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 5, 2019

Uneventful

A busy Monday with lots of sales, but all of low value.

I took three of my varnished paintings in to display for sale in the shop.

The Gypsy was in and, as per usual, we chatted non-stop between hers and my customers.

The day passed quickly and happily.

I came home and put the first coat of varnish on six more of my paintings, spent some quality time in the kitchen chopping a heap of raw veg to put into rice paper wraps and then prepared a dozen of them for our dinner, as well as a hot chilli dressing.

Now it’s 8pm and I’m feeling very weary.

But before I go, I’m publicly thanking my Adoring Husband for washing the shop windows on the weekend and for vacuuming the floors. I had told him that I wanted to get in early on Monday morning so that I could vacuum, but he took it upon himself to do it on Sunday.

Every day he makes me feel like one lucky lady (and I use the term ‘lady’ loosely). Thanks darling 😘

Now I’m off to my warm and snugly bed for a good night’s sleep so that I can be bright and breezy for coffee with the girls in the morning. Oh! And for hooping tomorrow afternoon!







Nite all.


No comments: