Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 10, 2019

What a Team

Adoring Husband did a stellar job manning the shop today while I took the art class.

It wasn’t overly busy, just average for a Saturday, and he sold one of my photos!

We arrived at the shop early to fill the table buckets with water, add silicone oil to the paints, set up morning tea and make some last minute purchases.

Everybody was on time for the class and all paid upfront, finding their seats and chatting amongst themselves while I checked my notes.

The art class was a lot of fun with some new faces and they were so clever, following directions and instructions so well, that we were finished an hour early! Most signed up for the next class and all were happy with their results.







I used that extra hour to clean up most of the training room so we’ll only need to fold the plastic sheeting and the tables on Monday.

AH and I closed the shop right on time, picked up our order of hot chips on the way home and parked our butts on the couch for the remainder of the afternoon.

We are both done for the week and I am so looking forward to a lazy day at home tomorrow. A bit of R&R is definitely in order.

I’m off to bed now.

Nite all.

No comments: