Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 24, 2023

Out for the Outage

The planned power outage started 20 minutes later than advised and finished 20 minutes later than advised.

BGWLBH and I left town ten minutes after is started and arrived home ten minutes after it ended.

We did the usual haunts but started at Super Cheap Auto where we purchased new windscreen wipers and had them installed by the gentleman from the shop. It seems that they have good sales for windscreen wipers on rainy days! We had to wait for two others before us!

It felt like the temperature dropped about 5°C while we were in the shop and the wind whipped up which provided a wind chill factor that had me wishing I’d worn warmer clothes. Luckily I wore boots - as long as my feet are warm, I can handle the cold.

It was cold, wet and windy all day.

We arrived home in time to unpack our shopping, make a cup of tea, sit down for half an hour and then prepare dinner - spaghetti bolognese with side salad.

We watched the John Farnham movie ‘Finding the Voice’ tonight. Very moving. I love John Farnham. Always have (since I was 12yrs old and saw him in concert) and always will.

It’s Bubbles’ birthday today. I didn’t get to chat with her but hopefully I will tomorrow. She hasn’t responded to my “when can I call you?” messages so hopefully that means she’s having a good time, and hopefully she received her birthday presents in the mail today!

It’s also The Motivator’s birthday! I left a singing birthday voicemail for her when she didn’t answer her phone.

Now it’s time for me to sleep.





Nite all.


No comments: