Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Garden Lunch

I cooked brekky and played with Harley before making myself presentable for lunch with Best Cousin in the World.

BGWLBH came with me and we sat with coffee for half an hour before she left for The Bay. I sat for twenty minutes by myself before BCITW arrived with her friend Big M.

After all that she has been through in the last six months, it was an emotional greeting because we hadn’t seen each other since she was first diagnosed in February.

There was lots to catch up on. Lots of laughing. Lots of venting. Lots of swearing. Lots of questioning. Lots of eye rolling. Lots of moaning and groaning. More laughter than anything else because we have to find the humour in even the worst of situations.

We had three good hours together.

The food was delicious and the service was friendly and warm. The location was outdoors and fresh. The company was perfect.

I phoned Adoring Husband and within 20 minutes, he was pulling into the carpark.

Warm hugs goodbye.

AH and I drove across the main road to pick up our FROG box.

We beat BGWLBH home by 5 minutes.

Harley was left alone for the first time. We were gone for about 45 minutes and there was no barking, howling, digging or destruction. This is a positive sign!

When we arrived home, he wagged his tail so strongly, he knocked two large jars off a low shelf and they shattered all over the kitchen and family room floor. 

We swept, vacuumed and mopped the entire area and STILL found a piece of broken glass a couple of hours later!

The smash scared the hell out of Harley!

I made zucchini slice, lamb rissoles and garden salad for dinner.

It’s now 11pm and I’m feeling very weary. It has been a fabulous, but emotionally draining day.







Nite all.

No comments: