Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 29, 2023

Restful to Not

After preparing breakfast, I took Harley to the pool area for play time.

The weather was absolutely glorious. A perfectly mild sunshiny day and I sat in the sun watching music videos on YouTube while tossing the ball for Harley for almost 3 hours.

It was one of the most relaxing mornings I’ve had in a long time and I was feeling ‘at peace’ with the world until …

Adoring Husband appeared asking if I had made our Frog box order because he saw an email and had just paid it. He had seen last weeks order in the email and paid it for the second time.

Now my peace was gone as I tried to figure out how to fix this error as quickly and painlessly as possible.

😳

I decided to make this weeks Frog order and try to get it as close to that amount as possible so that we could phone the frog people, pay the difference and explain that we gave the wrong order number.

The amount that AH had paid was $72.55

I put in an order totalling $73.25 and figured we could pay the 70c difference and phone them with the correct order number so that they could correct the payment details at their end.

When I got to the checkout, there was a note stating that we had 70c credit from last week and our new total for this week was $72.55! How freaky is that!?

So AH phoned them and told them the order number that should go with the payment he’d made and they fixed it over the phone. Problem solved.

Now that my peace was shattered, I attempted to do some art but I couldn’t settle the voices in my head, so I gave up and decided to watch some “Pottery Throwdown” on telly, but first I made toasties for lunch.

I napped on the couch before the footy started.

Took Harley out for a couple of quick plays and made a lamb and rice dish for dinner.

I’m in bed watching the end of the Cronulla vs Penrith game and hoping for an early night so that I’ll be fresh for the Childers Festival tomorrow.







A tomato from our garden …

Nite all.

No comments: