Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 27, 2023

Drama Drama

One in 35


Some time this morning when Adoring Husband turned on the TV, the screen turned pink and he had to reset the Foxtel IQ box.

Once reset, there was no sound at all.

When switched to Netflix or Prime Video or Stan, the sound was fine, but zip on Foxtel.

I went through ALL the settings but couldn’t find anything wrong. I checked the mute buttons on both remote controls. I checked the Foxtel settings AND the TV settings. I checked on Google for problem solving, tried all the suggestions to no avail.

Finally, I got onto the Foxtel website and opened the live chat to ask the questions.

I spoke to Ava and provided personal details to prove we were Foxtel customers. She passed me on to Jikka who asked a few questions and then passed me on to Triss.

Triss asked me to change the position of the HDMI cable and then fix the setting to show the new position, which I did. She then reset the box from her end … to no avail. She then passed me on to Leio.

Leio asked me to go into settings and change the audio output to a different setting. He then reset the box from his end … to no avail.

We tried a couple of other things and he conceded defeat and told me we needed a new box, which he ordered and told me it would arrive next Wednesday. Mind you, the box we have is only one year old!

We ended that chat.

I wondered why the TV in the bedroom worked ok with the sound in Foxtel so I opened a new chat and spoke to Ava (again) who passed me on to Nic.

I asked why the smart TV in the bedroom had sound for Foxtel and was working perfectly - apparently it works via an app. Who knew? Not me.

By this time, almost two hours had passed.

AH then discovered that the TV was not connected to the WIFI so he spent considerable time fixing that - it had nothing to do with the sound though.

Then, for no apparent reason, AH pressed the microphone button on the Foxtel remote control and said “Turn sound on”. 

Instantly, the sound came on!

What the!?!?

So I contacted Foxtel, speaking to Jessica, and cancelled the order for the new box. Jessica didn’t even ask how we resolved the issue.

So six different operators were unable to resolve our issue in two hours.

I was exhausted but grateful that AH tried something random and stupid which worked.

Now I need to sleep!



Lemons from our 1 yr old tree!





Nite all.

No comments: