Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 28, 2023

T Paper

BGWLBH and I drove into The Bay after breakfast.

Adoring Husband had a coffee date at 10am so Harley had his second ‘home alone’ time this week.

He was fine and was sound asleep on his outdoor bed when AH arrived home. He didn’t even hear AH come through the gate!

We started at G&D Products to purchase toilet paper for AH’s work, after which, we went to all our favourite places - Nana’s Pantry, Office Works, Newsagent, Choice, Coles, 2 x butchers, Foodworks, Happy Hippy and Post Office.

It was quite late when we arrived home so I made a late lunch of ham, cheese and tomato toasties for AH and BGWLBH.

Harley got 15 minutes of play time that really wore him out. He was huffing and puffing for about 30 minutes after we stopped.

I made the marinade for our Friday night chicken and then parked myself on the couch.

Buggered.

So far so good in the footy tipping.

Tomorrow will be a rest day to prepare for the Childers Festival on Sunday.

Thinking of Number One Son who is struggling with some mental health issues. He’s receiving the best care at the moment so I can be grateful for that.

Bubbles is in South Australia visiting her Dad for the weekend.

I received my third letter from Chicklet yesterday which included some pages with her doodles of hands and bananas. She has arty genes from her father and from me! She created this great anime of her and Hazie …

So sweet.

Time for me to sleep now.





Nite all.

No comments: