Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Amazeballs!

Who'da thunk that both semi finals of football would be decided by just one point?!

Amazing football = Amazeballs!

Very exciting for we footy fans.

I've had a pretty great day all by myself.

My alarm went off at 4.15am - I was Adoring Husband's back up if he slept through his own alarm, but he was already up and about when mine sounded - so I went back to sleep, only to be woken again at about 4.45am when he kissed me goodbye (not complaining about the goodbye kiss).

THEN I was woken AGAIN when my permanent alarm went off at 6am *sigh*

At 7am, I dragged my sorry butt out of bed and made my hot lemon water and my broth, then I cooked up some bacon which I ate with some toast.

It looked like such a beautiful day, so I made myself presentable and rode to the river (without my camera) ...




... it was indeed beautiful!

I was listening to my music and couldn't help but sing and dance with my trike as I pedalled, winding all over the rode. Luckily I have rear view mirrors to see if anyone is coming behind me!

I pedalled to the beach and walked into the water, up to my knees, where I danced for a while and then did my Superhero pose and I told the Universe exactly what I want in my immediate future. The Universe twinkled and nodded in agreement with my wishes, so I know my future is looking pretty rosy!!

After I'd soaked up my share of Vitamin D and finished grounding with the salt water and the sand, I realised that it was well after noon, so I bought myself a coffee and did some grocery shopping before making a quick visit to The Motivator at the shop.

We talked business and had a quick catch up before I helped her close the shop and I scooted home.

I had big plans for housework today, but I chose instead to start a new diary, do some study, watch a new series on Netflix, ordered some new snap jewellery for the shop, created our ad for the newsletter  and then watched the football.

I'll work on that housework tomorrow!

Meanwhile ...


Now it's time for sleeping. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Oh! Here is that top that I ordered the other day! I showed the girls at morning tea, so they know what it really looks like ... NOTHING like this!!


Nite all.

No comments: