Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Gratitude

So I found my old 'Gratitude' journal!

I haven't written in the journal since July 2017.

I have written many words of gratitude in many other places, like my diary, facebook, other journals (of which I have MANY), scrap paper and here sometimes, but not in the journal which I have for that specific purpose.

I've been thinking about all the things that I have felt grateful for in the last year and am sharing them with you in this post.

I'm grateful for ...

*  An amazing business that brings happiness to my life.

*  A business partner and friend whose strengths and weaknesses balance out my own strengths and weaknesses and between us, we make a great team that has built the amazing business that I just mentioned.

*  The perfect peaceful workspace that has a wonderful atmosphere that people comment on all the time - in a good way.

*  A supportive community who appreciates the services that we provide.

*  Beautiful friends who support me, not only through their retail therapy at the shop, but also with their words of encouragement, advice and emotional support. Our coffee mornings are one of my great loves.

*  My photography skills that have brought extra income to the business from selling my work and through the workshops.

*  Adoring Husband, who is our constant strong support and who, without question, pitches in as the best 'Personal Assistant' that a girl could want.

*  My strong relationship with The Motivator as we grow our business together. It's a noteworthy achievement to create a successful business with so many extra branches while still maintaining a friendship that was strong, yet young, at the beginning of this process. We often announce how proud we are of ourselves and each other.

*  My friendship/connection with The Gypsy and her meditation classes that have provided me with many 'aha' moments, adding a calmness to my life while helping me release lots of negative stuff.

*  The painful physical suffering that my body inflicts on me when I've strayed too far from my health goals and my will to get back on track when I realise my blunder.

*  The shared excitement with AH as we create/design/imagine our new leisure space in the back yard and as we get closer to the pool build.

*  My admiration for AH as he takes on his new role within the SES with such a positive outlook. I know that he struggles sometimes with the symptoms of Parkinson's, but he doesn't allow that to hold him back and he always seems to find a way to balance his health needs with everything else that he loves and needs to do, in a responsible way.

*  My kids, who are as healthy as they can be considering their choice of diet and lifestyle (I know they are rolling their eyes as they read this) and for being strong independent creatures - depending on how you look at it, I can take the credit or the blame for that haha. I absolutely love them all and admire them from a vast distance.

*  My beautifully perfect Chicklet - there are no words.

*  My life that is full of ease and comfort and the freedom to choose what's right for me and what makes me happy.

*  Adoring Husband (again) for empowering me and teaching me that my choices are important, that I should never feel guilty for doing what's right for me and for supporting my need to spend all day Sunday in bed doing whatever makes me happy!

*  The Universe for supporting all of my positive choices, for helping me manifest so much happiness (both physical and spiritual) and for bringing me more of what makes me happiest.



  
The smallest things, like expressing gratitude really do make such a huge difference in your life.

It's only lunch time Sunday as I write this and now it's time to erect some signage at the shop, so I must get out of bed and make myself presentable to the world.

Afternoon all.

No comments: