Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 10, 2018

Mondayitis

I had a bit of Mondayitis today.

I felt a bit discombobulated and my energy was a bit low.

I think it's the change of season.

It was good to see The Motivator appear after lunch. She had a big smile with sparkly eyes and was obviously feeling pretty amazing after her Journey retreat in Bali. She will come back to work on Wednesday.

Business in the shop was pretty normal for a Monday and there are a few new holiday makers here for a couple of weeks. There were also a couple of people come in for a final bit of retail therapy before jumping in their cars to head home - more often than not, South.

Lots of men - husbands, boyfriends, brothers and fathers in today so I'm feeling that the females who were with them will return later in the week on their own, as is the usual pattern. A female's biggest money block is almost always a man.

The Gypsy had a full day of bookings so we didn't get to chat as much as usual, but we did sit in the seats outside the shop in the warm sunshine for about twenty minutes in the morning before her first appointment which was nice.

Adoring Husband had SES duties this morning but then returned home to help Kiwi Bernie do some more work on the outdoor kitchen which is coming along nicely.

I stood in the back yard with AH trying to picture the image that I've created in my head - but it's easier to see it in my head than it is to visualise it in my back yard. It feels like the pool is still a long way off! Time goes so slowly when you want it NOW.

Most of my girls are away tomorrow, so I don't know who will be having coffee with me in the morning. I think it will be a small and intimate coffee date!


It's rapidly approaching midnight, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: