Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 14, 2018

Pushed It

I had made plans to go into The Bay with Adoring Husband today, but I really wanted to cancel and stay in bed all day.

BUT ...

I pushed myself to get moving and we had a lovely morning together in The Bay.

Our 'to do' list included stopping at Office Works, MBO Office Equipment, Gypsies Tramps and Thieves clothing store, Go Natural, Bunnings (ugh) and Beacon Lighting.

From Office Works, I bought some stationery for the shop.  AH ordered some office stuff for SES from MBO Office Equipment.  I bought two beautiful tops from Gypsies Tramps and Thieves. Go Natural supplied us with organic celery and ginger, organic macadamia nuts and almond meal. We selected some colours to paint the outdoor kitchen in Bunnings and we picked up our outdoor fan for the pool gazebo from Beacon Lighting.

We were home before 1pm, in time to make some lunch before AH had to be at the SES shed to prepare for their big weekend on Fraser Island.

I pedalled down to visit The Motivator at the shop and to buy a cucumber for dinner - which we didn't even use - then returned in time to make myself presentable for my usual Friday night at the club.

It was our unluckiest night so far! Nobody won a thing... except Lady Lynn who won $50 on the spin and win but wasn't even there to accept her prize! All of us who were in attendance left the club as LOSERS.

Very unusual.

Adoring Husband's footy team, Cronulla Sharks, won their semi final match against Penrith Panthers tonight by just one point. What a game!

My thumb has improved somewhat. It still looks disgusting, but the pain has eased considerably. Don't get me wrong, it still hurts, but nothing like the last couple of days. I wish I had the guts to stick a needle in it to ease the pressure, but I'm hoping my body will fix it over time.

This is me, ready for the club, wearing one of my new tops (which you can hardly see anyway) and showing off my new evening bag that The Motivator gifted me from Bali! Nice!!


Now it's time for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: