Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Misery Guts

That's me.

Misery guts.

I have an infected thumb - caused by some torn skin ...


I know right?! Pretty gross hey?

My apologies if you are currently eating your breakfast or drinking your first cup of tea. That's not a pleasant sight so early in the morning.

I'm coating it in colloidal silver gel every couple of hours, drinking lots of filtered water and taking probiotics - I sat in the sun this morning to get some Vit D to help my immune system and did some 'grounding' along the beach for about thirty minutes.

It's tight and swollen and throbbing BUT it hasn't deteriorated during the day. Hopefully, that's a good sign.

It is, however, probably contributing to my feelings of lethargy and tiredness. I've spent the afternoon in bed reading and resting so hopefully, tomorrow will see some renewed vim and vigor!

I definitely feel a bit run down.

The beach was beautiful this morning with the tide rising and a few people soaking up the sun as they fished, walked, sat and metal detected! There was a woman around my age walking along the beach in a bikini and I smiled a good morning with admiration in my eyes and wondered if I would even be brave enough to do that in my own back yard.

After I'd grounded myself, I pedalled very slowly along the river and noticed how many boats were moored in the water. When my morning routine included sitting at the boat ramp, there were about 23-24 boats always moored, but I counted 29 boats this morning. I wonder if it's the weather bringing them in for safety?

I took a little video of the duck family on my way home, which I hope I can remember to share tomorrow night - my phone is flat and charging right now.

Adoring Husband spent more time painting in his outdoor kitchen and we had our main meal at lunch time because he is at SES training tonight. Lamb cutlets and salad was delicious.

It's just after 8.30pm and I'm hoping some solid sleep will help my body heal itself.

Have a fabulous Friday.

Nite all.

No comments: