Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Oh the Pain!

Meditation was marvellous ... as usual.

I spent a couple of hours debriefing and bringing The Motivator up to speed on the last twelve days that she hasn't been at the shop.

She told me all about the retreat and some of the things that she learned, as well as a few things that she saw and experienced in Bali. It sounded fantastic and amazing.

I booked in with The Gypsy for her 12.15 appt, but went in about twenty minutes early.

Every nerve, every muscle, every joint was tender and tight and sore.

Apparently, my liver, kidneys and spleen are struggling at the moment (as they were previously), which is why I'm so sore everywhere, so I have a list of foods that I should eat to help ease the stress. I also have some stretching exercises to help release and cleanse the sludge from my adrenals and to loosen the tightness in my 'bits'. I will do more meditations at home, do some walking on the flat sand of the beach and when the pool is complete, she will give me some more gentle exercises to do with buoyancy.

I could have stayed on that table for another hour. It bloody hurt, but at the same time, I could feel it doing so much good as everything loosened up.

I pedalled straight home, made some lunch and then parked my butt on the couch.

At around 5pm I had to lie down because I couldn't keep my eyes open and I fell asleep immediately and didn't stir for about an hour!

Adoring Husband reheated last night's leftovers because I wasn't hungry for dinner and now, at 10.30pm, I am ready for some more sleep. I'm thinking that a warm bath with Epsom salts would have been helpful, but sleep is more of a draw card for me right now.

I'm looking forward to some time off to relax and take care of me.


It all starts right now.

Nite all.

 

No comments: