Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Terrible Tuesday

Here are the reasons that Tuesday was terrible ...

I didn't fall asleep until 3am.

I was woken by an emergency that sent the adrenalin pumping at 5am.

I couldn't go back to sleep after that.

It was busy in the shop, but only two paying customers.

The white top that I ordered online arrived and it's the most disgusting item of clothing that I've ever laid eyes on!! My Tuesday morning girls can confirm that!

I had a huge mess to clean in the training room (self inflicted) in preparation for meditation on Wednesday.

I had to vacuum the shop because it hadn't been done for over a week.

I couldn't find a box big enough to finish packing the stand for the editing screen.

I spilled lots of little pieces of paper/plastic out of a binding machine AFTER I had vacuumed and packed everything away.

It's bin day and I had to empty all the bins in the shop and take the sulo out the front - groan - I was soooooo tired by this time.

While I was bringing in the flags at the end of the day, a huge gust of wind swept up the driveway and lifted my top almost over my head!!

I was so tired by the end of the day, my body was aching and I couldn't think straight.

Here are the reasons that Tuesday was great ...

Morning coffee with the girls.

I met Ivy - I don't know how old she was but she earned her first dollar in 1934!

I'm going to be in bed before 9pm.



Nite all.

No comments: