Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 27, 2019

A Bit Short

I came up $25 short of my prediction today. A little disappointing, but still very close!

It was a good day for sales and for the people who were all lovely and friendly.

The weather was glorious outside and everyone was enjoying the sunshine.

Today was certainly not as eventful as yesterday, although I took two new names for our next art class which is almost full now.

I came home at 1pm and made a delicious spinach and sun-dried tomato quiche with a sweet potato base for lunch, which I served with a pear and cucumber salad with micro greens and sweet potato chips (made with the leftover sweet potato from the base).

Egg is not 'plant based' but now that I've reached the four week mark, I'm giving myself permission to test the waters to see how my body reacts to different foods.

I've been keeping a food diary where I also list how my body is feeling with the changes, and I have to say that the changes have been remarkable. I can actually do all 'the things' which before, I certainly could not, because I was too busy trying to find a comfortable sitting position.

It used to hurt to lift things.

It used to hurt doing anything physical.

It used to hurt to bend over.

It used to hurt to sit.

My painful mid section stopped me from doing most of 'the things' and it was difficult to focus on much at all. Along with the pain, came breathlessness which sometimes had me gasping for air. I'm sure there are a lot of you out there who understand the constraints of constant pain.

I no longer have the pain. I've been pain free for 18 days, and the breathlessness has also gone (19 days).  I feel like a normal human being again.

So, once a week, I'll test a food that's not plant based, just to see how my body responds/reacts. Eventually, I'll have a list of foods that my body responds well to, and a list to avoid.

Ah the joys of being your own health care advocate!

This afternoon, I ducked into the studio to create some art. A set of three small canvases.


After today, I simply must clean out my bucket of tools! I have a large bucket of water under my work table, where I throw all the tools, the cups and the stirring sticks once I'm done. This stops the paint from drying and sticking to everything. The bucket is now full!

I must clean the tools before I start my next painting!

We've spent the afternoon watching the football.

I'm excited that tomorrow is Childers Multicultural Festival day! We'll be off bright and early in the morning and the weather forecast is probably the best it's ever been for the festival. It's usually a tad warm and we end up searching for some shade to sit in while we eat lunch.

So I'm off to bed for an early night ... ready for a big one tomorrow.

Nite all.  

No comments: