Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Long Afternoon

The morning was busy but from noon onwards, the shop was empty.

I failed in my effort to manifest my desired sales total for the day.

The lovely Brains Trust visited me briefly.

I was pleased to leave the shop right on 3pm, go home, step into the icy waters of the pool up to my ankles, sit in my egg chair for 5 minutes, check out the growth on all the plants in the pool garden, inspect the plumbing work completed by Adoring Husband today and then return indoors.

Once inside, I ripped apart our first soursop fruit which we picked off the tree a week ago and which is now ripe, to taste it. They call it ‘sour’sop for a reason! I don’t think I could eat one fresh, but I think it would be very nice in our home made ice cream or in a smoothie.




I cleaned up that mess and high tailed it to the studio ...


Where that white lid sits, is where my moon will be. In case you can’t tell, it’s an ocean wave at night 😳
Adoring Husband made himself chicken wraps for dinner. I had toast with avocado, tomato, coleslaw and micro greens.

Now, we are off to bed to fall asleep while watching the football.

Nite all.

No comments: