Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Sweet Sunday

I stayed in bed watching youtube art videos this morning.

It was around 10am-ish when I got up, got dressed and went straight to the studio.

I made this first ...


... and then Adoring Husband was desperate for some sustenance, so I stopped to make some rice paper wraps. I wrapped home made coleslaw, fresh mushroom, snow peas, shallots, avocado, capsicum, sun-dried tomato and beetroot, with a hot and spicy dressing. They were damned good!

While I ate lunch, I watched "You've Got Mail".

Then it was back to the studio where I made these.


For dinner, I made some sweet potato and cauliflower fritters and served them with a hot and spicy relish and a big salad with avocado, tomato, beetroot, cucumber, capsicum, lettuce, shallot, snow peas and coleslaw.

Very filling and full of nutrition.

Day 21 of plant based eating. I have gained 1.5kg and my knees are beginning to ache (maybe too many tomatoes). All my other problems have disappeared, like the breathlessness and abdominal pain and discomfort and my digestion/elimination has dramatically improved. My insides now feel normal.

I don't miss coffee. I don't miss meat. I'm eating way too many potatoes! Potatoes have ALWAYS been my biggest weakness. I have plenty of energy and except for that one strange night, I'm sleeping soundly for 6-8 hours every night.

So I'm happy to continue on my three month experiment and remain on a plant based diet for a while longer. If I continue to gain weight however, the story may change significantly! Back to Paleo I will go!

I spent a good 30 minutes cleaning my studio late this afternoon. I don't want any reason to avoid going in there to experiment some more. I want it to be welcoming every time I open the door!

Today, I attempted to create string pull feathers like this ...


Sadly, mine did not look anything like this and I certainly did NOT nail it. It was so bad, I scraped the paint into the bin. But I will try again ... and again ... and again ... until I get it right. So watch this space!

Now it's time for bed. Work tomorrow ... which will include cleaning the training room after our epic class on Saturday.

Nite all.

No comments: