Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Manifesting Me

I arrived at work just in the nick of time this morning, because it was difficult to get out of bed ... I think I overdid the motivation thing on Monday because I had none left today!

I wrote the date on our daily sales sheet and beside it I wrote "I predict ... " and put a figure beside it. The first figure that came into my head without thinking about it.

At 1pm, I was still $200 short of that figure. I stood at the door and called out "Come on Universe! I still need another $200!"

At 2.36pm I was $6 short of the figure that I predicted!

A warm feeling of satisfaction overcame me. Sometimes I can create a bit of magic!

Coffee with the girls was, as always, lovely. It makes my week to spend a couple of hours cackling away with the ladies, making fun of ourselves and each other.

It was after 11am when they left, but I had spent quite a bit of that time with customers, who at one stage kept coming through the door like clowns coming out of a yellow mini minor at the circus!

The customers came in waves all day, so I didn't have a chance to even take my laptop out of it's bag.

I had to phone Adoring Husband to bring my casual clothes, which I'd left on the bed, for hooping classes this afternoon and after we'd shut up shop, he dropped me at the hall for my hour of fun!

I have to say that it was much more difficult this week than last week! All my bits hurt and I couldn't quite get into the same rhythm as my first effort. I think I need to get myself a hula hoop so that I can practice at home between classes.

The hour finished just before it wasn't fun anymore!

By the time I got home, I was starverated! So I walked straight into the kitchen and made some fried rice with the leftover rice from yesterday's dinner and a big salad for AH. I toasted a GF bagel for me and put coleslaw and tomato on it.

After I tidied the kitchen, it was straight to the studio.

We were looking forward to watching House Rules Grand Final tonight, but I still had 90 minutes to kill until it started, so I filled the time making this ...


I really like this one. I love the colours, the cells, the swirls and the vibrancy. I'd like to do more like this but in different colours.

I think I'll go to bed to watch the last half hour of House Rules now.

Nite all.  

No comments: