Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 26, 2019

Visitors

This day was as full as it could possibly be!

My morning at the shop was very busy with paying customers.

Three of the art ladies came in at different times to pick up the piece of art that they had created in the last workshop. Each f them stopped for a chat and even made a purchase.

I confirmed the dates for my next photography workshop with a lady who has been trying to get a place in one of my weekends for about six months.

I received a text from Best Cousin in the World reminding me that she was coming to visit with family at lunch time! We had made the arrangement a couple of weeks ago and I had forgotten all about it, so it was a pleasant surprise to know that they would  be here soon!

It was lovely to see J & P The Inveterate Travellers again. It’s been a couple of years. It was especially nice to see the gorgeous smiling face of The Duchess as she came through the door. She just lights up the room and warms my heart. It has been almost ten years since we last saw each other!

After a joyful spending spree by everyone, we all sat around the little table in the training room eating fish and chips from the cafe and catching up on our news.

In the midst of that, I had a visit from Rebel Mardi and we arranged for her and The Lifesaver to come to our house this afternoon to inspect the new pool area. Meanwhile, she wandered through the shop while the rest of us finished our lunch and then said our goodbyes.

Rebel Mardi made her own purchase and we filled some time chatting until she left for her coffee date.

The only quiet time in the shop was the final 30 minutes, which helped me catch up on some paperwork.

Yes, this morning I wrote down my sales prediction for the day. I had reached the halfway mark before lunch. My visitors took the total way beyond it, and the final customers of the day well and truly smashed it!

So the bills will be paid next week! Wahoo!

I rushed home from work after going to the bank. We are going to Childers Multicultural Festival on Sunday and I want my wallet full of cash for the occasion. I have one particular stall in mind.

When I arrived home, I changed into my presentable clothes for the club while talking to The Motivator on speaker phone. RM and TL arrived and Adoring Husband greeted them while I finished my call.

We had half an hour together relaxing by the pool and sharing family news.

They left to get ready for the club and AH and I finished getting ready too. No luck at the club for any of us tonight in the raffles or keno or lotsapots or the membership draw or ‘spin and win’ or pokies. So many opportunities to be winners!

When we left the club, everyone else was either on the bus waiting to go home or in the restaurant waiting for their meals.

AH cooked some chicken for his dinner and I had toast.

We’ve watched the footy and now I’m off to bed. I think I’m done for the day!


Nite all




No comments: