Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

A Happy Day

There were many highlights to my day.
  1. Meditation was full of happy peaceful souls taking in all of The Gypsy’s wise words and involving themselves in some great discussions.
  2. I had an amazing 90 minutes to talk all things spiritual and life affirming with The Gypsy. The days that I get to spend extended time with her always leave me feeling uplifted and energised and sometimes on a new path exploring inner peace.
  3. Lots of happy customers all loving The Happy Abode.
  4. I set a goal (just like yesterday) and surpassed it by almost $100!
  5. I had a visit from my favourite love filled customer who I shall name ‘Love Bug’ and she spent time telling me all the special qualities of The Happy Abode.
  6. I had a visit from one of our regular bubbly art ladies and we talked all things art and giggled a lot.
  7. I lost count of how many hugs I received.
  8. Adoring Husband drove into The Bay to run some errands and brought me home a Boost Juice - my favourite - Mint Condition.
  9. The BIGGEST highlight of my day was a quick visit from Rebel Mardi and The Life Saver. More hugs and special sparkly smiles from them both and we’ll catch up again on Friday 😁
I came home to unpack the FROG box, partially clear out the fridge, tidy the tupperware cupboard (I don’t actually own any Tupperware, but you know what I mean) to match up the lids, get clothes off the line and fold them, watch 30 minutes of The Chase and then prepare dinner.

All of that left me no energy or motivation for art and we are both about to make our way to bed.

Have great Thursday!

Nite all.

No comments: