Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 22, 2019

Productive Plus

I found a large dose of motivation and had a very productive day.

In between the three paying customers, I cleared the training room tables of all the art paraphernalia, emptied out all the drawers, cupboards and boxes in the art cupboard, cleaned them out and rearranged everything in a reasonable kind of order, rearranged the paintings along the walls and removed 16 of my paintings to take home.

Adoring Husband came in the afternoon, folded the tables and helped me rearrange the chairs. Now the room looks as good as new.

The gentleman customer who ordered the photo of the kookaburras last week, returned today to pay the balance and pick up his purchase.

A lady who became a customer this time last year, has returned for her annual holiday and was very excited to come into the shop to buy something small but meaningful.

A young woman spent time selecting the perfect gift for her 14 year old step daughter who was not happy about being left at home while her parents left for holidays!

Another lady came in looking for a specific wine cooler which she claims we had in the shop a few months ago. I was stumped because as far as my brain can determine, we've only ever had one type of wine cooler, but she looked at them and was certain that it wasn't the same.

I dunno.

I paid a bill.

I contacted a customer about her order that has arrived.

Our order of 500 business cards was made through Vistaprint on 4th of July and still haven't turned up,  so I made contact with them and discovered that our order was lost and in limbo. They have now corrected the problem and will process it send it out express post at no cost to us (I should think so) and should arrive on Thursday.

We've never experienced problems with Vistaprint before and their deliveries are usually very prompt, so I was happy accept their sincere apology and their efficient fix.

At the end of the day, I was excited to return home and devote an hour to the studio to create these ...



Our dinner was curried vegetables with fried rice, of which AH took two servings! I must say, it was bloody delicious.

I think I'm just about ready for bed now and looking forward to coffee with the ladies, as well as hoop dancing tomorrow!

Happy Tuesday!

Nite all.

No comments: