Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 20, 2023

Get me a Bucket

Harley chewed up an entire bucket in the space of about 30 minutes. 😳

I think it was his way of punishing me for shutting him outside while we ate dinner - because he was biting BGWLBH’s feet at the dinner table.

You can’t tell me that he doesn’t know what he’s doing.

The new dilemma now is the neighbour’s dog Armstrong jumping on the fence and running up and down the length of the fence stirring up Harley. I’m trying to figure out how to stop Harley from barking at him and copying the fence running.

There’s always something new to keep me on my toes.

I went in for a swim early this morning, after breakfast. It was around 8.30am and Harley joined me. The water was perfect and I enjoyed a good 30 minutes swimming laps and stretching in the water as well as having Harley cuddles.

We played ‘fetch’ for a while until Harley lost the plot (I put the video on YouTube so click here to view it) …

Harley the Superhound

I’m not certain what the hell was going on there.

I spent some time in the art space watching a couple of puppy training videos. I am dubious about some of these so-called dog trainers, but a couple of them are pretty good on YouTube.

I watched some tennis and I dozed on and off for an hour on the couch.

It seems I’ve taken over Friday night chicken wing dinner.

Despite my nap, I’m still feeling tired so it’s time for me to once again, fall asleep to the sound of ball on racket.








PS Harley passes wind a LOT and crikey it stinks!!

Nite all.

No comments: