Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Hump of a Day

Former British Soldier Exposes The Monarchy


Today has been an interesting day.

Harley woke me at 6.15am which is the latest morning we’ve had so far and I was very happy! 

Just the two of us rode to the Lions Park for morning coffee with the art girls.

Harley knows when I take my little backpack out of the drawer that it means he’s going out, so he was very excited as I put his harness on and lifted him into the trike basket (I will be very happy when he’s able to jump in by himself!) attaching him to the harness strap for safety. He sat up like King Harley with a big smile on his face.

I parked the trike at our usual table and attempted to take him for a walk before everyone arrived but instead of his usual calm walk with a loose leash at my side, he pulled in front and wanted to drag me along. It didn’t matter what I did, he wanted to be in charge.

This means that I can’t allow anyone else to walk him now until I train him properly. BGWLBH took him for a walk and allowed him to lead the way - now I have to retrain him. It’s exhausting.

This mornings walk was a disaster.

He behaved himself while all the ladies were there and he said hullo to lots of people who stopped to admire him, including two young girls. One of my ladies asked if she could take him for a walk and because she is such a dog lover, I agreed. 

Being a dog lover doesn’t make you a good dog walker. She lengthened the leash and he literally dragged her for 20 minutes, running in all directions and jumping on people as they walked by. Ugh. They both had a great old time and she had a grin from ear to ear when they returned.

For me, leash training begins all over again and I have to deny others the joy of walking him, at least for a while.

We left there around 11am and Harley was exhausted so he happily lay against the cushion in the rear basket and we road home.

When we got home I took him out the back and opened the gate into the pool. He ran full throttle and slid into the water, swimming two laps before he climbed out.


THEN he still wanted to play fetch! That boy has so much energy. We played for about 15 minutes and then he gave up.

I then plonked myself in front of the tennis for the remainder of the day.

Adoring Husband drove to the local take away and bought some hot chips for lunch.

I reluctantly made dinner of honey, garlic, sesame chicken with salads. The Australian, Jason Kubler, was playing and I wanted to watch him play, which is why I ‘reluctantly’ cooked dinner.

Harley wasn’t keen on coming to bed tonight, but he settled after about ten minutes and is now sleeping soundly.

I shall fall asleep to the sound of a rackets on ball again tonight.






Nite all.

No comments: