Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Lazy Wet Sunday

Immunology 101


It has been another drizzly wet day but at least Harley got to go for a swim.

We were playing fetch during a rain break and he was huffing and puffing from all the running and jumping so I opened the pool gate and in he slid for a couple of laps before getting back into the game.

Unfortunately he decided to dry himself on the couch in the family room and luckily I have a coverlet over it so I can wash it and get rid of that wet dog smell!

This is the interesting way he sleeps under the little table in the family room …


And this is Harley eating the basil plant from the garden …



BGWLBH and I spent some time in the art space and I finished my octopus collage …





I found a great YouTube tutorial for learning how to do a portrait using pastels. I got myself all set up with the iPad and YouTube on the bamboo stand, the right paper and my new pastels … then the first step was to sketch the face.

😳

I wasn’t in the right frame of mind to do something so detailed so I’ve set it aside for another day.

I won $40million in Texas Hold’em instead. Pity it’s not real.

I watched a couple of great Netflix movies. “Half Brothers” and “Along For The Ride”. I enjoyed both of them.

Sunday roast lamb and vegetables for dinner.

The Bachelors for Sunday night viewing.

I phoned Number One son and sang Happy Birthday to him very badly.

Now it’s time to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: