Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Rainy Tuesday

Girl brilliantly explains how the current financial system works.


Yet another rainy day - constant rain to deter you from wanting to do anything or go anywhere.

So it was lucky that I had a zoom meeting booked with The Gypsy and I killed 2 hours in the morning being inspired and energised by her teachings.

Her energy and health has improved considerably since we saw her last Thursday and I feel much better about her ability to thrive from here on in.

Whenever I spend time with The Gypsy I ALWAYS leave her company with my mood at least 50% improved. Everything she says makes sense. Her grounded intuition, common sense and spiritual wisdom feed and nourish me in ways that just can’t be explained.

Today, I knew her health had turned a corner because she chatted vibrantly about all the things we both needed to face in our lives and it all made perfect sense. I feel much more at peace.

Harley had an amazingly good day today. He was calm and obedient and affectionate. This is him sleeping against the gate to the lounge room where I was situated - when we got him, he fit about 2” longer than two tiles. Look how big he is now!


Adoring Husband’s foot seems to be on the mend although it is still swollen and painful. He needs to be more diligent with that moon boot though.

We enjoyed a nice chicken and salad for dinner and played trivia for 30 minutes before The Bachelors came on telly.

I will fall asleep to the sound of Djokovic playing tennis. He has injured his hamstring so I’m concerned as to whether he’s fit enough to see the match out. I hope it’s nothing serious. It would be such a shame for him to pull out after all he’s been through.

It’s a lovely cool night so sleep should be very comfortable. I’m outta here.






Nite all.

No comments: