Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 16, 2023

It’s Monday

Introducing The Reset | The Great Reset Docuseries (Episode 1)


BGWLBH and I had plans to visit Maryborough today. She had a Drs appointment and we were going to book into a hairdresser, visit the Bling shop and look around the town.

Unfortunately I had a terribly restless night with an upset tummy so I had to cancel and she did the trip solo.

Harley was in the worst mood today, which was not good for me when I was feeling so tired and lethargic from my uncomfortable night.

He did absolutely nothing that was asked of him. He would not sit. He would not stay. He would not come. He kept trying to bite everyone. He barked. He chewed the furniture. He jumped up at the table.

Ugh 😩

I even locked him outside for a while!

To escape him, I sat in the lounge room and turned on the TV. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Australian Open was starting! I’d forgotten all about it!

BGWLBH arrived home bearing gifts which was lovely and then offered to take Harley for a walk to get rid of some of that pent up energy. I accepted her offer.

They were gone for about 30 minutes and soon after arriving home, Harley collapsed into a deep sleep.

Tonight’s dinner was lamb cutlets and vegetables with a chilli mulberry sauce.

I’m feeling very tired so it’s sleep time for me now.







Nite all.

No comments: