Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 21, 2023

Triple Bunger

The three tennis matches that I most wanted to watch tonight all commenced at the same time on different courts.

For me, Alexei Popyrin vs Ben Shelton was my number one game, so we viewed that on the big screen TV. Unfortunately, the Aussie lost in three sets, but as an unseeded qualifier, he did exceptionally well for this tournament.

My second most wanted match was Djokovic vs Dimitrov so I live streamed that one on my iPad and held it in my lap. Djokovic is struggling through a hamstring injury but has won the first two sets and leading in the third set, 3 games to nil.

Third game I wanted to watch was the Andy Murray vs Roberto Bautista Agut match. Murray returning to tennis after a hip replacement! He has played two very long five set matches to get to this game and I don’t hold much hope for him. His body is struggling but he is mentally tough. Time will tell.

I was watching the live scores for this one on the Australian Open website but now I’m watching the match live because Popyrin’s game is finished.

I spent a good portion of today pulling Harley away from fighting Armstrong at the fence. It’s so freaking annoying when Armstrong’s owner doesn’t bother attempting to stop Armstrong until she hears me outside pulling Harley away. It’s Armstrong who starts the fracas by jumping at the fence when he knows Harley is in the yard.

He just started doing it in the last week or so. It’s been so peaceful until then.

Otherwise it has been a tennis day for me and dozing on the couch.

I think I’ll be asleep very soon. I’m tired.






Nite all.

No comments: