Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Pamper Day

I found this … 

"I'm slowly learning that even if I react, it won't [always] change anything, it won't make people suddenly love and respect me, it won't magically change their minds.

Sometimes it's better to just let things be, let people go, don't fight for closure, don't ask for explanations, don't chase answers and don't expect people to understand where you're coming from.

I'm slowly learning that life is better lived when you don't centre it on what's happening around you and centre it on what's happening inside you instead.

Work on yourself and your inner peace and you'll come to realise that not reacting to every little thing that bothers you is the first ingredient to living a happy and healthy life."

🖋️Author : Rania Naim

🎨 A painting “Golden Tears” done by Anne-Marie Zilberman.

BGWLBH and I started the day with breakfast at Salt Cafe.

The weather was perfect, the tide just right, the temperature mild and the air was very clear making the colours vibrant.

We checked out the little gift shop and walked from there to Luxe where I bought a top, a necklace and a string of hanging bells for the Bali hut.

It was a decent walk to the hat shop near the pier but their hats were disappointing. We expected some beautifully designed flamboyant creations but they were all pretty standard hats that didn’t inspire us.

We played “tourists” and took lots of pics of the water in front of our breakfast cafe.






We attended our nail salon appointment where I had a delicious pedicure and BGWLBH had infills. I shopped for Harley and found a good quality harness with a short lead, a kong ball and some training treats.

We stopped in at the Christmas shop hoping to find a Christmas tree storage bag. The box for our tree, after 20 years, has deteriorated beyond repair, but we had no luck because apparently the supplier, having made the decision to not sell to Australia, cancelled their order of tree storage bags before Christmas.

I bought lotto tickets and before we drove home, stopped at the post office to pick up the mail and to the butcher for our meat order.

We were both buggered and spent the remainder of the afternoon reclined, although I did get up for 20 minutes to play fetch with Harley and take him for a dip in the pool.

I made potato salad, coleslaw, balsamic tomatoes and crispy skinned chicken for dinner.

I’ve been watching the tennis and enjoying the success of a few of the Aussies. Two are currently playing as I type this and no doubt I will fall asleep before either of the matches are complete. I suspect a couple of 5 setters will be presented.





Nite all.

No comments: