Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 31, 2024

Planning Activities

They interviewed the founder of Dubai, *Sheikh Rashid,* about the future of his country, he replied:

"My grandfather walked the camel, my father walked the camel. I walk in a Mercedes, my son goes in a Land Rover, and my grandson will go around in a Land Rver, but my great-grandson will have to walk the camel again...... ”

Why? "

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create easy times. Easy times create weak men, weak men create hard times.

Many won't understand, but we need to grow warriors, not parasites... “


All is well in our world. 

Adoring Husband is healing well and all the right things are happening.

We drove out to Bamboo Land this morning where we bought a new plant for one the big pots near the pool and a big tin of stain for the bamboo fence, so in a couple of weeks when AH is allowed to get back into an active life, he will paint the fence and plant the plant.

We had a little walk around the grounds which are looking good.

We stopped at Tin & Timber Home Decor in Torbanlea and I bought a big sage coloured duvet for the lounge - protection so that Harley can be on the lounge with me - and two small green cushions with geckos embroidered on them.

We did a little food shopping at the local supermarket and picked up our meat order from the butcher.

AH cooked some snags on the barbecue for lunch and we sat to watch the old movie “The Outlaw Josie Wales” starring Clint Eastwood. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen it and I quite enjoyed it.

Apparently there is a lot of rain forecast for our area tomorrow and they’ve cancelled the Howard Markets for tomorrow morning, even though not a single drop of rain has fallen!

I got to watch Djokovic play tennis last night as well as part of De Minaur’s match so it was 3am when I turned the telly off. Needless to say, I’m feeling a bit weary tonight.

Oh I forgot to mention that AH had the 60+ staples removed from his head on Thursday, as well as the 9 stitches where they implanted his battery pack. They did such a good job, it’s difficult to see the scars on his head.

While that was happening, I spent a fortune at Tinkerbell’s on a jewellery layby of a silver cuff bracelet with laramar stones and a matching ring, both hand crafted by a talented silversmith. I’ll take pics when I get them out of layby.

Meanwhile, it’s time to sleep so that I can stay up tomorrow night to watch Djokovic again.








Nite all.

No comments: