Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Free of Meds

Adoring Husband went out walking this morning - to the shops and back - because he needed milk for coffee and he’s not allowed to drive for a month.

He could have asked BGWLBH to drive him down there but chose not to and snuck out on his own.

I’m impressed.

He is doing very well and will be having the staples removed tomorrow.

No more drugs.

He still needs to concentrate on his speech because I’ve had to ask him to repeat himself a number of times today and he hasn’t practiced reading the script on the paperwork that the doctor provided.

We watched a great movie on Netflix today called “Fisherman’s Friends” set in Cornwall. I really loved it. I laughed and cried and cheered and grumbled.

We also watched a crap movie on Netflix called “They Live” which was released in 1988. Dreadful acting, pathetic special affects, woeful storyline, the worst editing ever and an ending that made little sense. Don’t watch it.

My parasite cleanse was going along nicely until today when I got a bit out of control and ate 8 dim sims! A friend acquired gf dim sims from the Sunny Coast and I was so excited, I gorged myself and have felt quite uncomfortable ever since!

My belly is packed tight - it’s been a long time since I ate so much in one sitting and my tummy normally fills quickly when I do eat. I don’t know what came over me and I’ve been suffering ever since.

I’ll need some activated charcoal to help clear my digestive tract!

I didn’t eat dinner tonight but made nachos for BGWLBH and soft wrapped tacos for AH.

We played trivia for an hour and AH and I followed up with the 1% Club.

Now I’m lying in bed watching the French Open Tennis.

I can’t believe it’s after 11.30pm.



Nite all.

No comments: