Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 26, 2024

Pubbing It

I had a fairly extensive shopping list, so BGWLBH and I drove into The Bay.

We were home by 3pm, unpacked the groceries, played with Harley and Adoring Husband and I drove to the pub at 4pm.

It has been 8 years since we attended the pub together. AH has been there with the first aid trainers, but it has been about 5 years since he was there too.

Only a special occasion could get us there. The previous owners of the local supermarket were in town visiting and sent out a blanket invitation to everyone. They certainly drew a crowd!

Our rear neighbour was there - I haven’t seen her for more than two years, so it was nice catching up with her.

We didn’t stay there for dinner because I had brought Indian curries home.

Unfortunately, I was silly enough to buy tickets in the seafood raffle at 5.20pm only to discover that it wasn’t being drawn until after 6pm. I was preparing to go home at 5.30pm but we had to be there to collect our prize (IF we won) so that meant we had to hang around.

It was the longest 45 minutes in the history of the universe.

The place was packed with noisy semi inebriated humans and we just wanted to return home to the peaceful and safe surroundings of our home.

Yes.

We are officially old.



Nite all.

No comments: