Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 28, 2024

Hooping it Out

Today I am thankful for eyes that have come to see that life will not always be easy. That roads will bend. That lines will blur. That tides will rise and that storms will come. I am thankful for those lights that took the form of human who shone into me when I was at my lowest. Who were not afraid of sadness or darkness or the many layers that wove themselves around me and made me hard to understand or reach or even hard to love sometimes. I’m thankful for skies that change colour, for paths that change direction and for seasons that remind me that we are all just one breath away from a new beginning. I am thankful, knowing that kindness still exists, that the truth is out there, that faith can move mountains and that I was made for every last bit of it.

~ 'thankful' by Ullie Kaye Poetry

Albanese ignores Covid 19 Vaccine DNA Contamination

Today was quite full for a Saturday.

I made sure there was plenty of time to play with Harley before I got ready for hoop qi gong.

The Gypsy picked me up at 9.30am and we drove to Traviston Park where we found a lovely shady spot to practice our routine.

The routine goes for 7 minutes - which may not seem very long, but it IS a long time!

I’m not concerned about the event because this is a fun activity that we’re attempting to show to a bunch of seniors in the hopes of recruiting a few to join us on Tuesday mornings.

I don’t have to be perfect because I’m a student. The Gypsy doesn’t have to be perfect because nobody knows what the routine is supposed to look like anyway. If she makes a mistake, we just wing it! People will think “God, even I can do better than that!” and they are more likely to want to join us!

That’s my theory anyway 🫤

It was perfect weather and we spent a solid hour practicing over and over - that meant about seven run throughs.

There is spinning and twirling involved (of the body) - not fast or often and there is also spinning and twirling of the hoop - above the head, behind the back, switching hands, stepping sideways, turning around etc

One hour of that certainly wears you out!

When we were done (and I mean ‘done’), we found a shady spot to sit and we chatted for two hours. That’s typical for us.

By the time I got home, I was starving. I’d only had a cup of tea in the morning so I really needed some sustenance.

Adoring Husband reheated some of last night’s chicken wings for me and I planted myself on the couch for the afternoon.

We watched the AFL grand final between Brisbane Lions and Sydney Swans. Brisbane thrashed Sydney 120pts - 60pts. *happy dance*

I am in bed right now, watching Penrith Panthers play Cronulla Sharks in the second preliminary final for NRL. Penrith are winning by eight points. I don’t hold out much hope for Cronulla, even though I tipped them, but you never know!

Penrith are now winning by four! Twenty minutes remaining in the game.

I’m very weary and will attempt to fall asleep to sounds of Cronulla winning.





Nite all.

No comments: