Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Artless

"She asks me to kill the spider.

Instead, I get the most

peaceful weapons I can find.

I take a cup and a napkin.

I catch the spider, put it outside

and allow it to walk away.

If I am ever caught in the wrong place

at the wrong time, just being alive

and not bothering anyone,

I hope I am greeted

with the same kind

of mercy."

― Rudy Francisco, Helium

Photo © Javier RupĆ©rez. Jumping spider Macro shot.

Back in the day, I was a big fan of the series “ER”. It is currently being shown on the ABC and while I don’t go out of my way to watch it, every so often, late at night, I stumble across a double episode which I watch.

I’ve probably seen about 8 or 10 shows in the past few months. Back in the day, I loved this series and looked forward to every show, discussing each one at length with my friends and work colleagues the next day.

I don’t remember it being so dark and stressful and depressing! EVERY episode!

So I think I’ll slide past it next time. I don’t need that misery in my life šŸ«¤

Today was a weird kind of day.

I tried to find my mojo in the art room, but even though I sat at the table with a piece of artwork in front of me and placed paint, a brush and my art pens in front of me … my artistic creativity eluded me. I waited for an hour … but … nothing.

I chose, instead, to colour in. It was as arty farty as I could get.





Adoring Husband cooked the most delicious dinner. Honey Soy Sesame Chicken with rice. It was his best effort so far. I’m so glad it was his turn to cook.

It’s now almost midnight.





Nite all.

No comments: