Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 27, 2024

He’s Baaaa-aaack!

No pics yet, but bald Adoring Husband arrived home at about 3pm today.

The scars on his head are at the front of his skull - I thought they would be at the back - it almost looks like he’s had a lobotomy!

The first thing I noticed was how tall he is. He’s been standing and walking with a noticeable exaggerated stoop for so long and now he’s standing tall and strong. There is a huge difference!

Instead of shuffling through the house, he’s almost strutting. Both arms are swinging by his side where his left arm used to hang straight and still when he walked.

His foot is almost straight when he walks - it used to turn inwards and when he walked it would swing in front of his good leg.

His speech is much better but he needs speech therapy and has speech exercises that he has to practice because he has become lazy, talking too fast with words running into each other and almost slurring. He needs to learn how to talk properly again.

After a 4 hour trip home, he sat up in his lounge chair watching television and talking with me, without immediately falling asleep. Unheard of!

It takes just a moment to stand up from his lounge chair, where before, it would take minutes for him to shuffle his butt forward and then rock back and forth to get the rhythm and strength to lift his body.

At dinner time he finished eating before me! Before the surgery, he would be sitting by himself at the table for at least ten to fifteen minutes after we’d finished, trying to finish his meal.

His tremor is gone. I noticed his restless foot for a few minutes while he was reclined in his chair, but when I pointed it out, he was able to stop it.

Those are the things I’ve noticed so far.

Pretty miraculous!

He took his last half a tablet tonight and will no longer take meds.

All the pain that he had in his neck and joints has gone and he no longer looks like a rickety old man.

It will be a month before he can do his normal day to day activities like driving, working, hanging washing, playing with Harley, mowing etc but BGWLBH and I have that covered.

Needless to say, at this stage, we are very happy with the results.

Tonight for dinner I did another pumpkin, spinach and pine nut salad, boiled baby potatoes in their jackets and bacon wrapped chicken with garlic butter.

It’s been a big day.



Nite all.

No comments: