Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 17, 2024

Butchered

Today, for the first time since February 2021, I got a haircut.

The last haircut I got was a butchering in Hervey Bay, which is why I’ve avoided hair salons for over 3 years.

There is a new hairdresser (when I say ‘new’, I mean she’s been here for almost 2 years) in town so I thought I’d give her a chance.

It took Kelly (not the owner) approximately 20 minutes to do an even worse butchering than the previous hairdresser from 3 yrs ago.

I have long straight hair and it was down to my butt. I asked for 6” to be trimmed from the ends and they cut it like this …

I’m not happy (as you can see haha).

I cleaned out our big freezer today and got rid of food and frozen meals that have been uneaten for two years.

I replaced it all with 24 containers of bone broth and 6 containers of beef stew that Adoring Husband cooked today.

Now I have one drawer for Harley food, one for bone broth, one for weis bars and icy poles, one for frozen emergency food (gf pies, chicken nuggets, fish fillets and prawn or pork dumplings) and one for home made goodies like frozen patties of chilli oil, frozen passionfruit and soursop from the garden, cauliflower soup, mushroom soup etc.

Now my pantry is bursting at the seams with Tupperware and locknlock containers. You can never have too many!

It’s rapidly approaching midnight and I need to get up early in the morning for meditation. It’s going to be 6°C so I will struggle to remove myself from my warm toasty bed!







Nite all.

No comments: