Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 22, 2024

Super Saturday

I spent the day in The Bay with BGWLBH.

She had a hair appointment. It was for a shampoo/treatment, haircut, blow dry and heat curling so it took over an hour.

While she was enjoying the pampering, I walked across to Petbarn and bought lots of liver treats, peanut butter cookies, chicken cookies and kangaroo cookies for Harley and a new rope toy that he just loves!

I was disappointed to discover that the Farm Gate fruit and vegetable kiosk was closed so I ventured into Fresh and Save for the 2nd time since it opened 3yrs ago and picked up a few fresh goodies for the weekend.

I found a couple of light jackets for home.

In the newsagent, I purchased some little Christmas gifts to put away and hopefully, I have the winning lotto tickets.

Fresh bread … yum.

Coles and Su Jus fresh juice plus some treats.

It was a busy morning and we didn’t head home until 2pm which was perfect timing to unpack all of our goodies and settle in for an afternoon of football which started at 3pm.

Adoring Husband had prepared Osso Buco for “fend for yourself Saturday” so he and BGWLBH had that for dinner. I had a ham and tomato relish sandwich, which AH wanted to prepare for me. What part of “fend for yourself” does he not understand???

In case you’re wondering, I don’t like beef because it sits heavily in my belly and takes days to digest.

I’m still doing very badly in the footy tipping comp and only have 2 correct out of 4 this weekend.

I think it’s time to sleep now.






Nite all.

No comments: