Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Another All-nighter

I was watching the Australian, Alex De Minaur, play his match against the number 5 seed Medvedev. I fully expected him to lose, but he surprised me with a very strong win!

Before his match had finished, Djokovic’s match against CerĂșndolo started, so of course I switched to that game hoping for a shorter and easier game - not just for Djokovic’s sake, but for mine too! I wanted to get some sleep! 

It was after midnight here when his match commenced.

Alas, it wasn’t meant to be. He won the first set easily 6-1, then lost the next two sets 5-7, 3-6. I confess that I dozed on and off during those sets so I can’t say whether Djokovic played badly or his opponent played well.

In true Djokovic style, he came good in the end, winning the next two sets 7-5 6-3. His match finished at 5am our time and I tried to snatch a couple of hours sleep before meditation but I just couldn’t relax.

At 5.30am a message came through to say that meditation was cancelled for the day. THAT was a relief!

It was very cold this morning so I stayed in bed until 9am. I couldn’t sleep, but I lay under the covers very relaxed.

After a big Harley play, some breakfast and handing over my ironing to BGWLBH, I climbed back into bed and snatched a couple of hours sleep.

I crumbed some chicken thighs before going off to work.

Crumbed chicken and salad for dinner and an hour of trivia.

Now I’m watching the tennis again but I’m going to put the timer on because I’ll be asleep in about 20 minutes I reckon. I have to save myself for tomorrow nights quarter finals. They will all be big matches!

I might have to pull the doona out this winter. I’m feeling the cold more than usual!






Nite all.

No comments: