Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 6, 2024

Typical QLD Miracle

So the girls did it for QLD State of Origin tonight.

What a game! In horrendous conditions! A miracle field goal in the final 90 seconds.

I set my alarm for 4am so that I could watch Alex De Minaur get thrashed by Alexander Sverev. Very disappointing and it was a comprehensive thrashing. 

Let’s hope for a better result at Wimbledon which starts on 1st July.

We had an appointment with a solar panel guy and got a quote for an additional 6.6kw system with converter. Seems excessive at $16,000.

Now we have an appointment on Monday morning with the guy from Solar Hart (our current 4.4kw system is Solar Hart) and I think their quote will be less than half of today’s quote.

BGWLBH and I drove into town for a decent grocery shop, a stop at the butcher, some fresh juice and some lotto tickets.

Adoring Husband had a zoom meeting with his neurosurgeon this afternoon which went well.

We spent the afternoon poring over 12 power bills to calculate our average monthly power costs. It was tricky because we had to take into account the government rebates and then recalculate 6 of the bills. We are paying just under $300 per month! 

Crazy.

I prepared a pot of bolognese sauce and left it on to simmer while BGWLBH took me to work. It was nice and easy to just cook the spaghetti when we returned home.

We played trivia before the women’s State of Origin game.

I’m very tired now, at 11pm. Time to sleep.







Nite all.

No comments: