Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 16, 2024

3 Sleeps

In a long line of stuff ups, today at about 10am, we received a call from St Andrew’s Hospital telling Adoring Husband that he was booked in for admission on Monday, NOT Sunday, as we’d been advised since the beginning of this process.

😳

This comes after we’d organised with Best Cousin in the World to leave their farm for the day to provide a taxi service for AH on Sunday. This was a huge ask! Huge for us to ask for help and huge for them to take time away from their farm to do it!

As if this process isn’t stressful enough, without these stupid stuff ups because medical departments can’t communicate between themselves effectively.

The woman from the hospital said she would phone back after she spoke to the Neurologist, so we waited for that phone call. 

No phone call came.

AH checked his emails at 9pm before going to bed tonight, and there he discovered an email sent by that same woman (at 3.30pm today) with a pre admission check in form that they required him to complete, sign and return as soon as possible. The check-in date on that form is for Sunday - thank goodness.

It would have been nice if she’d called as she’d promised and let him know the email was coming.

😳

I’ve lost count of how many incorrect dates, incorrect times, incorrect cost totals and incorrect time frames we’ve been given in the last 3 weeks.

I swear that if we hadn’t already paid for the surgery, AH would have pulled out and cancelled the whole thing by now.

So … after many speed humps, things are falling into place. Fingers crossed it continues that way.

We also received a call from the hearing aid place to say that they had lost AH’s new ear piece molds (promised to be ready weeks ago) and now he has to return for another appointment, which he can’t do for a few weeks because of the upcoming surgery!

😳

Such a joyful time.

AH and I drove into The Bay to sign our new Wills this afternoon and while we were in there, we bought some sleeping attire for AH to take with him to hospital.

He refuses to wear pyjamas so board shorts and t-shirts are his choice of sleeping attire.

It’s been a day.

Now I sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: